Are you asking the right questions?
Unfortunately, not all food supplement companies have the same quality standards. This is where you as the consumer need to do your homework before choosing the best supplement company for you and your family.
However, a reputable credible company will take extraordinary measures to bring you truly life-enhancing products. They will guarantee the quality, effectiveness, and safety of each of their products.
How is it possible that supplements are allowed on the market without meeting these quality standards?
So what does all of this mean?
There are NO standards or guidelines in place and this is why the integrity of the supplement company is SO important!
Below is a list of questions you may want to ask your food supplement company when determining if they are the best supplements for you. After each question you will also find the desired answer.
1. Are the ingredients organically grown and non-GMO sourced? Answer: Yes
2. Are products processed using high heat? Answer: No, only natural extraction methods used, low heat or cold processed methods to retain active ingredients and enzymes (life-giving) should be used for processing.
3. If they are using high heat can they prove enzymatic activity? Answer: Yes
4. What quality controls are on the raw ingredients to ensure safety and purity? Answer: Minimum should be 80. United States Pharmacopeia standard requires to test for 80.
5. Do they have a 100% guarantee on their products? Answer: Yes
6. Is clinical testing done on their finished products? Answer: Yes
7. Are quality assurance tests done during the manufacturing process? Answer: Yes.
8. How much money has been spent on scientific research (not marketing) to date? Answer: Ensure that substantial money has been put into research rather than marketing.
9. Do independent research scientists evaluate new product concepts? Answer: Yes
10. Does the company participate in a scientific advisory board? Answer: Yes
11. Does the company GUARANTEE that what is on the label of your supplements/protein powders containers is EXACTLY (no less, no more) what is inside the bottle? i.e. no steroids, colors, preservatives, flavors, lead. Answer: Yes
12. Is there any scientific proof that your supplements are truly safe and have any real biological benefits to my health? Answer: Yes
13. Do you have any published research in peer-reviewed scientific journals? Answer: Yes
14. How long has your company been in business? Answer: Ensure that your company has been around for some time with a history of quality and safety.