With the warmer weather coming I have noticed I am not getting enough water in each day. As the temperature rises it is even more important to drink plenty of water to keep us hydrated and feeling our best. Thirst can sometimes masquerade as hunger and when on a journey which includes weight-loss I need to remember to drink all of my water. I am happy to report I did lose a pound this past week but do feel the lack of water affected my overall weight loss.
The plan for this week is to make sure I get the correct amount of water in and then some. I am curious as to how this will factor in with the weight loss next week. I will keep you posted. :)
I hope you will try the recipe and let me know what you think of it.
- 6 pounds chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- 10 cloves garlic, minced (we like lots—you can use less if you prefer)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 Tablespoons lime juice (we use about 3 limes)
- 2 Tablespoons lime zest (shred the outside of a clean, fresh lime)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves (remove leaves from stems)
- 1 frozen bag of peppers/onion mix
I put all of the ingredients in my crock pot and turned it on low to cook for the afternoon.